I Am Stronger Grant Criteria
The I Am Stronger philosophy focuses on positive, inclusive behaviours that address the need to influence social change. Our goal is to engage all members of the community while empowering the youth of Saskatchewan to realize their potential to directly influence change in their own schools, communities and online.
SaskTel and the Ministry of Education have agreed to work together to develop initiatives and programming aimed at engaging youth in activities that promote community based awareness and action to prevent bullying behaviour. We will award grants of up to $1000 for youth-led initiatives that promote kindness and address the issue of bullying and cyber bullying.
- Individuals, schools, clubs and organizations are eligible to apply with the exception of those associated with a political party or activity, lobby group or religious organization.
- Initiatives must be led by Saskatchewan youth residents and take place in Saskatchewan.
- Application must indicate how the activity or initiative will align with the I Am Stronger philosophies of inclusion, positivity and influencing social change. Initiatives that focus on the depiction of violence, exclusion or the negative impacts of bullying will not be accepted.
- Projects and initiatives must be led by a student(s). We will provide grants of up to $1000 for youth led initiatives that are designed to influence positive social change in schools, communities and online platforms.
Terms of Grant
- Grants can be submitted anytime throughout the year. Applicants are eligible to receive funding once a year.
- Each I Am Stronger grant applicant will be required to set up an I Am Stronger Community page on iamstronger.ca. The establishment of the I Am Stronger community page will allow organizations, schools and groups to promote their anti-bullying initiatives and share their success.
- Activities must demonstrate youth leadership and promote youth engagement
- Activities must be sponsored by an adult willing to be responsible for reporting requirement.
- Youth leaders will be asked to measure their impact. This might include determining the number of people participating or reached by the initiative while demonstrating the impact on those people.
- Funding is to used for ongoing initiatives and/or activities and evidence of how youth are involved in and benefit from the initiative is required. Planning, execution and follow up of the activity are also required.
- Applications must include a detailed budget that depicts how the grant funds will be spent. For initiatives that exceed the I Am Stronger grant maximum, an indication of other funding partners or a plan to meet the budget shortfall is required.
- Whenever possible, I Am Stronger will have a presence. Applicants should be open to having a SaskTel I Am Stronger manager participate, observe or visit activities that are funded. When appropriate, I Am Stronger would also provide a visual presence such as setting up an I Am Stronger information booth, placing posters in the school or providing promotional materials that enhance the activity.
- Waiver forms are required by anyone appearing in I Am stronger pictures, stories and videos.
For more information about the I Am Stronger grant application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org